Canvas Pilot Opens Spring 2021
Email dated November 5, 2020
As WSU prepares to extend university-wide access to the final phase of the current Canvas pilot in the coming spring 2021 semester, Information Technology Services (ITS) and Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI) would like to remind the university community of the following action items and support resources.
As a reminder, to best meet the needs of students, Global Campus will not be migrating to Canvas until Fall 2021.
ITS and AOI are here to help WSU academics begin this new and exciting chapter and offer the following resources to help encourage early adoption of Canvas and to ensure WSU’s transition to the new LMS is as smooth as possible.
- To migrate your course to the Canvas pilot for spring 2021, please request this from your department course scheduler or campus course scheduler and:
- Do this no later than December 4, 2020 to ensure a smooth and timely transition.
- If you are merging multiple sections, be sure to inform your scheduler.
- Faculty can request even earlier access via the “sandbox course” request form.
- Canvas can be accessed at canvas.wsu.edu.
Resources & Support
- For a complete list of Canvas features and integrations, visit the LMS transition website.
- For assistance migrating to Canvas, please contact email@example.com.
- Trainings and workshops can be found on the Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI) Workshop Schedule.
- Tutorials and additional resources are available today at AOI’s LMS tutorial page.
- Canvas course design assistance can be requested by contacting AOI Learning Innovations.
And, as always, Go Cougs!
Information Technology Services
Washington State University
PO Box 641222, Pullman, WA 99164-1222